Rationale for the Computing Curriculum at Wick CE Primary
During their time at Wick CE Primary all children will learn how to use a wide range of computing technology. Children will have the opportunity to become safe, respectable digital citizens, and be confident selecting appropriate computing technology for a wide variety of uses in the outside world.
We aim to encourage children to become computer literate, enabling them to fulfil their potential in an increasingly computer-dominated world. Learning key transferable computing skills such as typing, research, coding and data handling concepts, will enable them to adapt in an ever changing and technology rich environment.
- To ensure that the school has a wide range of flexible resources to support learning and teaching of computing skills and across the curriculum
- To improve children’s capability in the use of Computers
- To extend and enhance learning across the curriculum
- To enable children and staff to select and use computing technology appropriately and efficiently and apply their use across a range of subject areas
- To ensure continuity and progression throughout the primary phase and towards secondary education
- To deliver the programmes of study for Computing
- To enable the children to appreciate the importance of computing technology in their lives and some of the purposes for which it can be used
- To reduce staff workload through use of ICT to support management and administration
- Promote e-safety awareness amongst pupils and parents