As a Church of England Primary School we receive a SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools) inspection through our Diocese every five years. An Inspector visits for the day to evaluate and grade specific areas that are linked to our school's evaluation and development plan as follows:
- How distinctive and effective is the school as a Church School?
- How well does the school, through its distinctive Christian character, meet the needs of all learners?
- What is the impact of collective worship on the school community?
- How effective is the religious education?
- How effective are the leadership and management of the school, as a church school?
It also checks that the school meets the statutory requirements for collective acts of worship and RE.
Wick was inspected in 2019 and we are all extremely pleased with the report and result. Some lovely comments have been made about the things we feel are at the heart of Wick.
A special thank you to our RE and Collective Worship Leaders and to all the staff, children, governors and parents for their continuous support and hard work to achieve this wonderful report.
Reports are available to view below.